Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Players start here!

+2
InvertedMonkey
Saeyer
6 posters

Go down

New Players start here! Empty New Players start here!

Post by ST McDude Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 pm

This is just a hello to any people who are happening by and wondering what's going on here. We got our first random player outside the core group. Figured I'd make it official and say this is open to any serious roleplayers who want to join in!

Step into this thread to say hi and introduce yourself!

As a note, we were doing a lot of back and forth on skype since the setting is still evolving and it's a faster medium. When things get more set in stone we'll try and get all those notes transferred over to the site. Just drop a line here then pitch us your character in the character idea threads. I'll send you some heads up about your character type, and toss some ideas to get you started. You needn't go with what I give you, but it'll give you some idea of the things you'll come across.

Disclaimer: This is for MATURE players! This isn't a happy or light filled setting. The core npcs are fairly dark, the villians are an even deeper shade of black. There is a larger plot at stake, but all the minor ones aren't going to make things easy for you. You'll need to be proactive to get the most out of the setting possible. I despise hand feeding players and the others I play with are somewhat the same. This does not mean you will be excluded, and if you seem lost just try interacting with other players or NPCs. I'm not a total dick, you needn't be a literary master to get plot things going your way.

So yeah! We'll see how this forum goes and where this craziness takes us.
Unless you're eaten by a grue of course......

For all you lurkers out there, removing the ability to see the stuff was only to encourage you to join up! You don't have to rp if you just want to watch, but with an account you can chat with us in the OOC rooms!

Or...you know...just lurk. I can understand that.

We're looking forward to new people joining our Changeling: The Lost Play by Post!

Last edited by ST McDude on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Players start here! Empty Re: New Players start here!

Post by Hedgebound Heart Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:26 am

Hello everyone! It's an honor to be your first rando! Cool

My name is Paul and I work in the dive industry on St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands. I have played Lost for a few years now, and really enjoyed the characters played by Saeyer, Mavspade, and InvertedMonkey on another forum. Just thought I would throw my hat in the ring to see if more players are welcome. I was known as CyledyrWyllt on Twilight Valley/Edge of Darkness. I was the ST of the Lost venue on and off for a few years. Hiya. Long time no... read? Anywho, I enjoyed many of the stories that we created together on that site, and really appreciate how much the three of you each helped me out when I was the ST. I also thought it might be fun to just be a player and tell some new stories with good role players. I honestly haven't had the time to play for a while now, but would like to give it a shot if you'll have me. Just to be fair, I must warn you that I haven't played in a little while, so I'll probably be a bit rusty on the rules. Also, I can't promise that I will be able to post as regularly as I once did, but I'll do my best.

I look forward to creating some beautiful madness with you.
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:53 am

Holy shit! It's sort of surreal that you managed to find us, but I'm really glad you did. It'll be awesome seeing you get to be a player after being such a great ST Smile
Saeyer
Saeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Aw... shucks. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. It is weird that I found you guys. Or, is it Wyrd that I found you? Shocked

BTW, are we playing straight up 1E rules or GMC? I'm cool with either.
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Cyl! It's so good to run into you again! However it happened, I'm really happy you found us. We're using straight-up 1E rules, CtL. Also, just as an FYI, some of our conversations about this game have been taking place on Skype rather than in the forum, because it's been just the four of us. So if you run into something on the forum that seems like a non-sequitur, that's probably why.
InvertedMonkey
InvertedMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Monkey! You can't imagine my reaction when I saw you three on this forum after I randomly googled CtL PbP. I regret that Marcus and Ramona didn't get more time to kick the Sacramento Summer Court back into shape.

If I run into anything I don't understand I'll be sure to ask. I've got a few ideas doing cartwheels in my head, but I'll try to nail down a toon soon. Do we have a deadline for "going live" with our first story?

Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Actually an outsiders perspective would be nice on the setting material. Especially a former ST. I wouldn't mind some feedback or requests for clarification. Since they've been involved in the creation from the start and I still manage to confuse at times.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 pm

As far as I know we don't have a deadline for going live; we've been playing it by ear.
Saeyer
Saeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavspade Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:05 pm

Are characters allowed to begin play with a title within their court? I am wrapping up character creation and wanted to check in on that
Mavspade
Mavspade

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:46 pm

You can if your backstory and point spread support it. Not super restrictive on it but you won't get the title for "head librarian" if you are dumb as a brick and have all your skills spent in combat ones.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi! I'm Greebs, and I'm an Alco... shit! I always get that wrong.

So yeah. Another burned EoD player tempted out of hiding by the prospect of a Changeling game where something might actually happen. Saeyer didn't even have to nag me or twist my frigging arm or anything this time! I've got about 3/4s of a character cobbled together, I just need to massage it into fitting the setting (and try and make some of my dumb (basically narrative) quirks that aren't really practical in the system as written work...).
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Welcome to the show. If you have any questions feel free to post it or message me. I'll be happy to give some tips/ideas/plot threads. Everyone here has had a bit of a culture shock coming away from the hyper-restriction of EoD. Having access to the primary power sources of changelings should make it a lot of fun! (Hedge and Pledges)
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Keep coming back, Greebs! It works if you work it!

Great to see you again Smile
InvertedMonkey
InvertedMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:21 am

Uh oh, there goes the freehold... Razz

Hey Greebs! It's been a long time. Glad you're joining us!
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Hedgebound Heart wrote:Uh oh, there goes the freehold...  Razz

Hey Greebs! It's been a long time. Glad you're joining us!

Pffft. A burning dumpster can only improve the place!

It has been rather, so long I don't recall if you were around for the memo. I finally got a real job, which was a major detractor on the old free time.

And by a real job, I mean a 40 hpw permanent contract that meant I had to move away from my parents.

Because I now build large display models out of LEGO for a living, and very few people consider that shit a 'real' job lol!
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum