Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1 discussions

+2
Saeyer
Hedgebound Heart
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chapter 1 discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter 1 discussions

Post by Greebs Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 pm

It's kind of late to ask... but should the Autumns among us be aware of who this chap who keeps calling us 'rookie' is?
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 am

If you take a bit to think about it! Make an intelligence+investigation or politics. Anyone not autumn only gets raw intelligence. It's hearsay few people talk about, except in house.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 am

Oh yeah, and for reference. After I applied his defense vs your grapple you missed, I wasn't ignoring you again. I'm not trying to be mean to you specifically, you are literally just interacting with the biggest asshole in that gathering atm. Sorry.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 am

No worries. I figured not even an NPC would have defence 2 - especially one happy to thug other characters, and saw where the suxx fell. It's why I left the narration where I did.

Besides, it was a sound opportunity to put Molly on the Motley's radar as 'a good egg'.
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:08 pm

As before, I think it's appropriate for Sylus and Molly to respond before Ramona.

(*Takes a moment to identify and fight residual EOD impulses regarding OOC conversation*)

So yeah, this guy didn't drop the knife and he's just walking away? Unless something alters the landscape in the interim, Ramona's next post is likely to involve getting out her stun-gun and tazing, then restraining this guy. He's demonstrated that he cannot be trusted to use a knife responsibly, and that needs correction.
InvertedMonkey
InvertedMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Hooray "diplomatic incidents"!

Hooray for not being sure where to stand on that particular line...
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Which, amusingly, is likely what Molly would think as well.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:15 pm

While we all hedge our bets and wait for Mav, chucked some dice that might inform Molly's actions.

She dun' have a clue! lol!
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:15 pm

For the record, you guys aren't scene locked. If you want to run a glimpse or two while we work through this main scene, go ahead.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavspade Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Copy that.

Sorry for lack of posting on my end. Currently, given the scene not sure where to take Sylus so waiting to see where its going
Mavspade
Mavspade

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 pm

No worries, I keep bottlenecking the activity. Everyone is currently watching the autumn camp.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

Working on my post, and I have a question about tone: in the posts setting the scene and also with Gideon we see some casual violence that the rest of the courts/Freeholders don't seem to be responding to. Is this 'normal' and as players we aren't settled enough yet to know/see that? Is it new after the conflict with the true fae?

I also wanted to double check how we're keeping track of glamour before I potentially use some.
Saeyer
Saeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:48 pm

My takeaway is that the answer is yes and no.

For summer the answer for me is yes. Casual violence isn't a big deal, for a couple reasons. The first is that it's pretty much a military institution. The court is used to taking arms and training hard in the arts of killing and fighting. That said there is a point that is "too far" for polite company even in summer. So things like fistfights are ok, or playing with knives. It's not that some of the npcs aren't concerned with what he did, most did get weapons ready once they knew there was a problem. At the moment though, Ramona has him at gunpoint and he isn't aggressing.

The second reason counteracts one of the main reasons why we have such an aversion to casual violence. That's the threat of serious injury/death from even a fistfight. With ready access to goblin fruit, especially at an official event, the threat of lasting harm is low so people won't view it (in summer at least) as that big of a deal.

Mostly my takeaway from how I read summer stuff. If Gideon had done what he did at any other court he'd have been thrown in jail or out the door. It's only summer that has a relaxed attitude for casual violence. So those of you who aren't summer have had appropriate reactions since other courts are more reserved about it.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification Smile
Saeyer
Saeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:37 pm

You don't need to wait for Mav to respond, the thing I'm starting there isn't plot centric. Feel free to do w/e.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Just to clarify a few things.

This is the start of escalating the scene to an end. The sovs will get introduced but for the most part the only one that'll be accessible is Annette. Marcus for instance has too many hangers on that'll zone you out unless you are the most obnoxious (like Jill) or hostile changeling around.

Whisper's group isn't invisible per se. You can see them, but they "aren't interesting".

Remember that you can have 3 minor npcs that are under your control, so if you want to steal someone from a group or that shows up while this comes to a conclusion feel free.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 am

Sorry, but I'm honestly not sure how to proceed. I had Kyle look at his card way back, but I never saw a reply describing what card he had and then the action of the scene seemed to shift over to the confrontation with Ramona, so I had him offer the card back to Kevin since it seemed like the game wasn't happening anymore. Can I edit my previous post to Kyle simply showing Kevin his card rather than handing it back to him?
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:32 pm

You can edit since I forgot to pick up on what you saw. But that's exactly what you saw, Kyle can't recall seeing anything on the face of the card. Like something was there but it wasn't at the same time. Also your reaction to the game seemingly over was very in-character, but at this point you'd start to pick up that they haven't quit the game and bob is hinting heavily that you're both still in the game.

As for Saeyer's empathy roll. Nikki is making a reference to Ramona's standing in the court. The heavy inference is more towards official capacity vs inferred authority. Like no actual title was given and it was being used against her in a very rules lawyery political fashion.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:35 pm

sorry, didn't notice the questions here.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:58 pm

No sweat. It totally works for Kyle to be all... duh. What?
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:26 am

Sorry I keep getting sideswiped by stuff and forgetting. I'll get a post up soon!
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm still interested in playing if anyone else is. I realize it's hard to get back into the swing of things after such a long hiatus.
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 am

RL is killing me. I keep trying to get something posted and it just doesn't happen.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:34 am

Sorry for the delay, I didn't think I had it in me tonight. But there it is!
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2