Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1 discussions

+2
Saeyer
Hedgebound Heart
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chapter 1 discussions Empty Chapter 1 discussions

Post by ST McDude Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:26 pm

So you can get clarifications about things in the current chapter without making your post look weird.

Feel free to insert yourselves into the scene. I'll be adding in some of the other courts gradually. The area is a stretch of a trod that opens up from that main door. The other courts have access to to trods that connect here, and they are fairly well established. Most of those who aren't from summer will arrive from that direction. Summer is currently reigning, in game it's mid-august and it will move by game time not real time. I'll figure a way to post this, probably a sticky in the game info thread. Annette has called court together, everyone is supposed to send representatives of some kind or other. I'll move this post once everyone gets in the swing of things.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1 discussions Empty Re: Chapter 1 discussions

Post by ST McDude Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 pm

That's the primary setup. It was a bit rushed because I was running late on it. I'll poke around with it soon to fix glaring issues.

Comment on something if you feel it's out of place.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 am

When exactly did all the shit hit the fan? Was the big battle weeks or months ago? Also, does our freehold have a name?
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:57 am

Shit! I forgot another important thing! Didn't come up with a name for it.

The shit has happened about 2 weeks prior. IMO changelings that aren't completely batshit can handle trauma better, or are just better at lying to themselves. The ones that couldn't cope very well were among those that fled during/after the conflict. A good many disappeared during the conflict and not even the ones that died had their bodies recovered. Lots of what ifs going on. It makes for a solid backstory to bring in more character or replace npcs.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Fled or are in hiding.

Or just not leaving their homes.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgebound Heart Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Groovy. Thanks for the clarification.

Don't feel bad. After all my years STing TV/EoD, it was still always just "the Sacramento freehold". LOL

I did have a few rando thoughts about a name, but feel free to mix and match or completely ignore them: Maynard's Entente, The Emerald Demesne, Cascading Sound, The Enclouded Bridge.
Hedgebound Heart
Hedgebound Heart

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:15 pm

The Enshrouded Bridge maybe? That last suggestion has my interest, maybe a bit more tweaking is needed.

A tip since I've heard someone comment on "how to insert themselves". My suggestion is "bring some plot with you". It's one of the reasons I let you have "pet" npcs. You guys are ultimately the stars, so your personal stories are just as important as the main story arcs are.

Again, if you have any questions on how best to go about it I'm more than willing to brainstorm with you.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Per request a quick breakdown of all the peoples I threw out there and the court they belong in! Also where they are at after my posts if you want to pick up talking to specific ones.
Sorry about the overload!

Spring
Tara: The ditching diva, never even showed up.
Terrance: Kith not mentioned, had to follow Tara.
Iceguy: Snowskin, was evasive about name. Has blade like carvings out of his flesh that have been replaced by ice.
Location: arrives about on time, meets up with Amy from winter court. Headed to the food area with a train of booze.
Niki: Kith not mentioned, other than being a fairest. Shrouded in translucent light that ripples like you are viewing her underwater. Her eyes and lips have a hue that makes her look like a corpse.
Location: Arrives about time, ditches her courtmate and wanders about the gathering.

Summer
Annette: Earthbones. Summer Queen. Skin the color of clay, extremely fit but stout in build. Shoulder length dark hair tied in a knot. Wearing fatigues with summer colors.
Location: Arrives early, then continues to sort through things to make sure nothing else goes wrong. A bit surly about it all.
Krieg: Fireheart. Older guy with grey hair. Has the sort of build only a professional soldier can pull off despite his age.
Location: Leaves after showing up, goes to his hollow which is a tower overlooking the clearing. Takes out some booze and his rifle to keep watch.
Jill: Tunnelgrub/Swimmerskin (octopus). Has slick skin tone and hair that changes with her mood. Lambent golden eyes with odd pupils. Prone to goofing off and blowing stuff up.
Location: Leaves after the encounter with Annette, is patrolling with Jonathan.
Jonathan: Water-Dweller. Tall guy, corded with compact muscle. Dark hair that falls down over glittering fish scales in a blue and silver coloration.
Dominic: Palewraith. Average height, wearing a hoodie and sunglasses and coupled with an unnatural darkness makes his features all but indistinguishable.
Location: At the food/refreshment stand. He'll direct people to drinks, everything from various types of beer to bottled water. Is cooking a variety of grilled things, mostly meat but also some corn. Pretty good cook. There are other types of food to be had as well.
Togwyn: Soldier/Manikin. Goblin soldier at the gate, a good chunk of his body has been replaced with clockwork parts.
Location: at the summer hollow entrance. Won't let anyone past who isn't authorized.

Autumn
Hailey Letterman: Kith not mentioned, though likely fairest of some kind. Looks like a shadow silhouette given life. She uses makeup so people can tell where her facial features are.
Location: Under a canopy with a lot of items setup. Was taking notes before suddenly collapsing.
Butlerguy: Looks like a normal dude....so he is almost assuredly 100% normal dude.
Angry ape guy: Steepscrambler (chimpanzee). Doesn't look friendly. Despite being a monkey in a suit.

Winter
Amy Sun: Kith not mentioned. Tiny asian woman about 4'10' or so. Pale skin and dark hair, her eyes are an unnerving white. She has a macabre grin, blood red lips extending nearly to her jawline with small needle-like teeth all along it.
Bob: Kith not mentioned. Big guy in a hoodie, his hands are completely wrapped in bandages that still allow him some dexterity.
Location: in a small circular pit you have to climb up then back down in, almost like a bunker in the center of the gathering.
Kevin: The kind of dark elfy suit guy. Dark elfy type in a suit.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:11 am

Um, I realized I just assumed this. The scene is open now for you to bring your characters in. Understandably a lot of you might just be wrestling with your Muse. Just in case people were waiting on me, I feel I should at least say.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saeyer Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:17 am

Thanks for the roster!
Saeyer
Saeyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavspade Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm

I will be joining the scene soon just had some clarifications.

Should characters start by entering the scene or could they already be there (I ask as a member of the Autumn Court seeing others were chilling there as well)

Mavspade
Mavspade

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Your call. I was intentionally vague for that very reason.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Sorry for how long and involved my posts are. I'm not used to the format so I was trying to push the plotline a little too hard. I'll be shortening things to make it easier to insert into the story. Sorry for text walls!
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Retcon powers ACTIVATE! Heavily scaled back how busy my last post was. For those that posted you can either edit it, or I'll delete the post if you want to start fresh.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 pm

I edited my post in response. (Only really had to hack off the first and last paragraphs.)
InvertedMonkey
InvertedMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:38 pm

So I think Ramona is definitely going to respond to Sylus being sucker-punched by intervening. That said, I'm going to wait for @Mavspade to post before jumping into that.
InvertedMonkey
InvertedMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:31 am

With Molly also being snarled up in things and dice being thrown, is it time for initiative rolls to put this scuffle in order?
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:26 pm

It won't be a combat unless it escalates. Up to Mav.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

What I was getting at is; Molly physically interposed herself between the two to deter escalation.

One of the parties has just brushed her aside, drawn a weapon, invoked the spirit of the Summer Court, and punched the other in the face.

It is likely she has... opinions on that, and might be in a position to respond faster than the person recovering from the sucker punch? I just wanted to be certain I was being fair, instead of the reaction chain being determined by who could get to a keyboard fastest.
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavspade Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:56 am

Sorry all been a long week on set.
I will post tomorrow. OOOh I TAKE THE CAKE FOR FIRST TO GET HIT!
Mavspade
Mavspade

Back to top Go down

Post by InvertedMonkey Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Ok, so, I now feel as though order of operations is going to become important. Are we rolling initiative? Molly, I think, would be able to react before Ramona, given the distance Ramona has to cover to get to the situation. But monkey-dude is gonna have an angry Ogre to deal with in a moment.
InvertedMonkey
InvertedMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Sorry Greebs, if you wanted to take action that was a totally valid question and I'd have allowed you to roll initiative against Mav for reactions. Or technically allow one since you were being interacted with first. My apologies for misunderstanding your question.

I think for the sake of argument Greebs can react next then we'll roll initiative and take it from there if people are going to push the issue.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 pm

To clean up a few things:
1: since you succeeded on the wits+comp roll you are not suprised.

2: You reduce the damage of the strike by reducing the number of dice he has to roll by aborting to a dodge. This means you don't get another action, so the intimidation roll doesn't work. HOWEVER! You may still opt to take the hit (normally you'd have to state it in advance) in order to fire off the intimidate.

3: 8+ is a sux number not 7.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greebs Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Sooo...

Three questions.

Does using Turncoat's Tongue constitute an action (I figured in this case, it was easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...)?

Where/how do you want us to record Glamour expenditure?

How are we playing Glamour recovery? ¬.¬
Greebs
Greebs

Back to top Go down

Post by ST McDude Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Turncoat's Tongue does not take an action, you are just talking. Consider it an instant power. It does count towards your glamour per-turn limits though.

Let's just use the system that EoD did. It's pretty simple to "know" how much you have to use in a given scene. The difference clearly being that you guys have full hedge and pledge access for gathering glamour.

So just go with putting a footer tracking your stats if you want to have it more readily available for you.
ST McDude
ST McDude
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next